Followers

Friday, September 6, 2013

Sharing

Today was a funny day... it started out sort of okay... and ended up GREAT...  I finally got the studio back in order... that was a great load off my back... as for the past 6 weeks I have not really been able to pick it up ... just made messes...  which was okay.. but I really like a nice clean studio to play in...  so I am back to way it should be in there..  

I also cleaned out a box of goodies that my sweet hubby brought up from the storage room in our basement... it has not been cleaned out since we moved his folks in here 13 years ago... so little by little we are going thru stuff... and today I found the best thing... a picture of his Grandmother and Grandfather (paternal side...) on their wedding day.. 

I have to tell you that she was 97 when she died in 1975...  so you can figure out that this picture was taken in approx 1896....  it is still in really GREAT shape... it is in a cardboard frame thing... and that is it... the color is about as you see it here...  117 year old picture... amazing...  I wonder what we have now that will be around in 117 years... LOL.. 

This is Nellie and Alton McLain...  and I think that Nellie was about 18 years old or so.. and I think it was in Scranton, Pennsylvania...  but not really sure...  


I just love this picture...  I am so very glad I found it...  along with so many other wonderful family pictures of my husbands family...  

So nice to clean out things and find things that are so loving and rewarding.   I love it...  the rest of the STUFF...  I have no need for any of it...  so we will be looking for new homes for all of that...  

Hope you had a nice day... I am ready for bed... but have to make a few Never Ending cards... making some with a fall theme...  love it...  

Thanks for stopping by... and have a nice week-end.. 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment