Followers

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Using Stencils

Oh My GOODNESS.... how I love to get messy... as a friend says... INKY FINGERS... right Hels???  Love it..  anyway.... when I stencil I have to be in the right mood to really GET INTO it 100%... not even 99%... 100% or more... 

Get the stencils out... cover what you don't want paint on... LOL.. and then have fun... lots of it too... yikes...

I generally will have a few sheets of paper that I have already colored... and they need a few more colors... or dimension, or something... so out come the stencils... and I love to create with them... 

I use sprays, sponges, dabbers, and anything that is around...  I use premade stencils... or grab things in the studio to use as a 'stencil' too...  anything goes in this process... LOL.. the messier that better... 

So here are a few cards I have made with stenciling going on in the backgrounds... 


 
Oh yes... I forgot to mention... I generally also add a medallion on them... adds to the layering of each card.. have to keep the mail company (post office )  in business... LOL...  this one is a costly card with the flower... as it will have to go into a box...  but so pretty... most of the time with a card like this, I do give it to the person directly... 
 
This stencil is the diamonds.. and I outlined each area with Liquid pearls... love it..  really a wild look... you can even be really wilder with the color choices... 
 

 
Just some leaves and stems for the pretty roses.. 

 
More diamonds... I must have at least 30 stencils.. but there are favorites... you know the story... 
 

 
The stencil used in the middle of the medallion is also a favorite...  it is just wild plus...  but I love using it with the pearl (white pearl) dabber from Ranger... love the effect it leaves.. really great... have used it in a lot of journal pages...  this also have 6-8 layers in different places... yikes,.. I love layers.. 



In this card you can see the diamonds and the effect of the liquid pearls too...  love the look it gives...  it never has to be perfect.. just areas... oh wow... how special stenciling is... have you tried it yet???  it is a lot of fun... go wild... create to your hearts content... 
 
Do you live local to me... or even anyplace.. and desire to take a class or two... I have classes on going all the time... and you a friend or two can create a class and I will do it for you... custom classes....??? What ever... get the idea...  love teaching others to create... a really special thing to me in so many ways... 
 
have a fun day... and create something!!!! ANYTHING.... just CREATE.... 
 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

No comments:

Post a Comment