Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Girly, Girl Day at Sunday Stamper

Today on Sunday Stampers...  Hels has the theme of Girl talk...  and I just finished up working on a special gift for a special woman...  she is a single Mom... and has a little girl who is so very patient and loving...  not like so many kids of this time... this child will stand waiting for the Mom for finish work in one place for over 3 hours... a very patient and loving child to say the least...  anyway... this woman as done so very many special things for Glenn and I, so I wanted to make her something as a THANK YOU for being so strong and special.. .

This is what I created... 


I wanted to have a box so that I could make this fun little book ... and so I made the box first... I colored Coffee Filters with Dylusional inks... and also Distress inks...and then created roses and other flowers using die cuts of Tims...  

Then I started on the book... well I got so excited with the making of the book, that I FORGOT to make sure it would FIT into the BOX.... do I hear a huge DUH???  Well truth be known it is okay...  

I took 5 legal size envelopes... and folded them in half... and then used pieces of white card stock that I had embellished with paints, inks, stenciling, stamping, and having fun with...  so here is that little book...  


 
I don't have a lot of time to write about each one, as we are going out in a few minutes for the afternoon.... BUT... I love this little book... but I am going to give it to her...  LOL...
 
On the front is my favorite SNAIL...  and then a few of the roses and flowers made from the dyed coffee filters... love the richness of the colors that these filters take on... really lovely...
 
 

 
This book is frilly... and girly girl type of thing... and I know that she and her daughter will have lots of fun filling it up with pictures and fun days they have together... 

 
Not only that... but after the edges of each envelope were punched... it made a really nice place for a tag to slip right into.... and that is perfect for a picture, writing etc... 

 
On the pages the papers are also pockets... as they are only adhered on the three sides... and open at the ends, like the envelopes...  and then there are pockets on some pages with smaller tags, and embellishments to also put pictures on the back of them... 

 
I had fun making this little book... and hope that Brittany will enjoy using it... 

 
I made all kinds of fun papers... and used bits and pieces of them for this little book... I love ... simply LOVE to make pretty papers... stamping, inking, painting, stenciling, etc etc... you name it and it goes onto papers... 
 
 

 
there are never any mistakes... as they all get used up... one way or the other... 

 
I have sort of used the theme of birds on the pictures... but it is really a free spirited book... 

 
Even have a few flowers... 

 
 

 
So that is my little project for the Girl Talk theme... 
 
But I also took time yesterday and made a little boy to match my little girl fairy... 
 
Here is my little girl fairy... in case you missed her...
 
2.5 inches tall 
 
This is all needle felted wool... I dyed the wool using Ranger Color Wash... and then needle felted it.. it is my first attempt at needle felting... so I really feel very proud of her...  I made her on Wednesday... but then yesterday I made a little man... 

 
Now my little man is almost 4 inches tall.. .but with his hat about 6 inches tall.. way to big for a sweet little 2.5 inch girl... so I will have to make another man for her... and a little woman for him...  LOL... what a shame right????  But I did have fun making them... but need help in naming them... so if you have any suggestions... please share them with me...  thanks...   
 
Hope you have a creative day... and enjoy making something really girly girl too...  thanks for stopping by for a visit... and see you tomorrow with some tangling...
 
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Are you insane!!! You're giving this beautiful work of art away! Yes, you are but... how adorable and what a lovely lady you are... all that work, yes, I clicked each piccie to see it large, and the amount of love you have poured into it, your friend is going to be thrilled to the moon and back and back again with this darling book. I LOVE the whole book, the flowers on the box are awesome and that ickle owl is just SO cute! As for the needlefelting... my hat is taken off to you... a first attempt? YOU reallly are amazing! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations and for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... big hugs! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say " You really are amazing." Most people who really know me say I am obsessed... which is the TRUTH!!!LOL... and I LOVE it all... Felting is fun... just another media to play with... I love them all... haven't tried working with glass yet... but it is on my list... done the rest... and love it all... keeps me in TROUBLE all the time... thanks for you kind and loving words Hels... I love playing with you... even though we are across the pond type of thing... otherwise we might be dangerous if together... LOL.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful book you made for your friend Bonnie! I'm sure she will treasure it! and I just LOVE your felted people! I have always wanted to try felted wool - I even bought a kit to make an owl - but never got to it - and now I'm not sure where I tucked it away!! ACH! Yours are just so whimsical and wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get your felting needle ready for some fun and enjoyment... I am ready to help you thru this process... it will be fun for both of us... Love, light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete