Followers

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cool Waters and Anything Goes...

Today I have two challenges to enter this tag into... 

I have to tell you a SHORT story... I made the tag the other day... as I knew that I wanted to enter another tag for the FUNKIE end of the challenge...  well I took some pictures of it... and didn't like it... so it went back to the work table and got some alterations...  I now like it... 

So here it is... 
 
Just Swimming BY
I started off my coloring my paper with distress inks... then added some Texture paste thru a stencil... 
Love playing with that ... of course it takes me a long time... as I have to do three or ten more... LOL... just the way it is with me... addicted to playing.... 
 
Then I started to add all the little critters... 
 
 
This Shell is from Tim's nautical stamp set... and I stamped this on glossy paper and then used alcohol inks to accent it...  and THEN.... used Distress Glitter to go along the edges...  I use to love to find a nice clean large shell that was all shiny from the ocean waters... so wonderfully fun. 
 
 
A close up of that shell.. 
In the back ground you will see some TAPE that I bought at Home Depot... it is used for putting sheet rock together or something like that... not really sure... but it is fun to play with... sort of looks like netting of some kind... I think I bought this roll of stuff about 8 years ago... maybe longer when I was really into doing altered books... this was a must back then...  we didn't have all the goodies that we have today... 
 
 
My Sea Horses...  okay... they just looked so very plain... but there are in the back ground... the shell is the focal point... 
But they just didn't look happy...  so I dressed the Mama up...  ready for a dance... 
 
 
There is a reason for the post card tape and the pen... 
 
 
 
When you go away on vacation... you go to get a break from everything... and then after a few days you are all nice and relaxed and you go shopping and buy some post cards and then feel the need to write to all your friends back home and tell them that you are having fun... until you decided to stress out to get all these silly cards sent out!!!  Why do we do this to ourselves.. anyway... brought back some 'memories' of when we use to go to the shore...  
 
So this message is JUST SWIMMIN BY TO SAY HI.... and not to write post cards... LOL... 
 
Hope you have enjoyed this tag... and I thank you for stopping by for a visit...  and again thanks for all the great comments and Hi's you leave for me... this is so much easier than writing out post cards... isn't it??? 
 
 


So this tag is for Frilly and Funkie Challenge....  which is Cool Waters this week... and it is the FUNKIE side of the challenge...  I love these challenges here... they are really fun and really get my mind going...  I would also like to AGAIN thank the DT for giving me this GREAT award of Guest Designer... I am having fun with that ....  hope you all join me back here next week...  it is going to be exciting for me... that is for sure... hope you like what I am creating...  wait until you see what it is... a SURPRISE for sure... 

The other Challenge I am doing this for is called Anything but a card...    this is the 3rd challenge that they have had and my first with this one... sounds pretty interesting... as I do a lot of off the wall things... LOL... as you all know ... 

Again.. thanks so very much and have a wonderfully happy and prosperous creative day...

A little saying that I saw this morning as I was reading my positive thoughts for the day.... 
ADD TO YOUR JOY....  Count your Blessings...  we all need to do this all the time... we forget sometimes and get caught up in the every day things that really don't matter...  so count your blessings...

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

7 comments:

  1. Wow another gorgeous creation Bonnie,you really are an expert at these watery scenes now :)

    You are right about the postcards too,I usually leave it until the last day now,silly right!

    Love the positive thoughts daily reading too,very inspiring for you.

    Thank you also for leaving such lovely comments on my blog,always makes me smile

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie!
    Well, this is just wonderful! So many gorgeous details! Gorgeous work. It looks as you had a blast making it :)
    Thank you for your sweet comments too! It's always nice to hear from you.
    Oh, before I forget... the little cards may look like an ATC but they are actually altered mini playing cards. When i say mini I mean 1" x 2.5" only, I alter one each week as there are 52 of them and I have two spares for any mess ups. I messed one up already so hopefully I won't again :) It's just a bit of relaxing fun. I need to upload the next ones soon.
    All the best, speak soon!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Bonnie. Your projects are always works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining in with us at Anything But A Card. The detail on your tag is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is just gorgeous! Such attention to detail, all the colours and textures are simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Bonnie, love the texture you've created and the colours are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coming to see what you've come up with next Bonnie and this is another fabulous project. LOVE the background tag and the way you've dressed up Mummy seahorse. And that shell is super! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete