Followers

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday Stamper Birthday Book

Today is Sunday...  And it is time for Hels's Sunday Stamper Challenge... and this week.. it is BOOKS... make a book or use a book page etc... 

Well I have been working on this little book for the past couple of months... reason being is that I needed more time to actually finish it up...  and put some more things into the pockets...  and finally I finished it yesterday...  I love it... and I didnt' know when I started it what I was going to use if for... and when I finished it... I realized I needed a birthday book.. so that is what it is...  there are 12 sections to the book and each has a pocket, with a few tags in each and just enough room to write each of my special friends, family and others birthdays onto the tag...  and I got all the birthdays even into it yesterday!!!! 

So here it is... my little book is about 4X4 inches... not really big at all... but big enough... 


 
This little book is made with white cardstock...  and each page is colored with Distress Inks...  and I have used Tim's stamps and those fun little stickers ... I love them...  great things that match his stamps...  if you haven't tried them yet... do... you will enjoy them... perfect for something small like this... and the impact is GREAT... you will see... 
 
I used some other things in the ideology section of his STUFF... 
like the tape for closing the book... 
 
This little book will be able to stay by my computer as it is small enough and I can see whose birthday is when.... a great little tool for me... as I can't remember these things... 

 
I used a piece of tissue tape in each section of the book... love that stuff...  and used it on some tags too... all the sections have similar tags.. one is really narrow... for small little thoughts etc... and then there is a larger one with a piece of ribbon or fiber on it... and then there is a smaller tag ... 2.5 X 3 inches and on the back... the birthday, typed out and glued onto the back... the front of these tags have some chit chat... and other things on them... just fun tags.. 
 
I will let you look... 








In making this book.. it was really easy... since it is an accordion book.. I glues pieces of paper together to form a long strip... and then folded up the bottom of the strip to form the pocket... and then folded the pages to form the accordion style book... really so very easy... The most fun was getting all the white turned into yummy colors... as you can see there were many used... also many different kinds of techniques were used on the pages and tags... 
 
Here's a semi open book...  it is too long to get all in one shot ...  but you get the idea... I love it.. try one... any size and start to fill it up... I have another one that is like an art journal that has some of my flatter style tags in it... my puffy ones have to go into a box...  LOL.. wish I could stay sort of uniform in my creations.. .NOT...
 
Well hope you are having a lovely day... and that you enjoy every minute of it...
 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit and see you tomorrow with some more challenges... Zen Tangling and also Simon Says Monday challenge...  fun and games for me... two in one day... what fun.
 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I am full of admiration, amazing design, fantastic colors. I would like to get a gift like this book. Best regards Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a labour of lurve and a complete work of art Bonnie... wow, the recipient is one lucky person! Gorgeousness at every turn of the page... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors on this are just scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete